Today I found out I was nominated for a Liebster Award by fellow blogger Redjim99 who’s great poetry and travel blog can be found here http://notyethere.wordpress.com It was a lovely surprise and the first blog award nomination I’ve ever had. Apparently the Liebster is awarded to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 – 300 followers. ‘Liebster’ is a German word meaning dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The Rules are:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them. – Done, check out Jim’s Blog
- Reveal your top 5 picks for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog. See below.
- Post the award on your blog. I will go and rearrange my sidebar in a minute!
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogsphere – other bloggers. I could really get used to this 🙂
- And, best of all – have fun and spread the karma. Definitely the best part 🙂 🙂
- Lorraine at All About Words WA. Lorraine is a faithful commenter and I look forward to hearing from her. I like that she’s writing about writing as well as keeping up with the postaday topics I’ve been following too. Definitely check her page out!
- My next nomination is My CFS Life about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and the author’s hidden life. It’s really good to read somebody else’s experience and it’s done in a compassionate and considerate way. Really inspiring.
- Check out Miss Whiplash aka Patrecia really encouraged me when i first started blogging. Her blog follows topic suggestions and also has some beautiful photographs for the weekly challenge.
- My next one I think will have more than 300 followers; but since I’m not sure how to work out the exact number I thought I’d nominate it anyway because I think it’s cool. One Breakfast a Day Serena literally takes a picture of what she has for breakfast everyday and she always has the most amazing things which puts my bowl of Special K to shame!
- My final award goes to my lovely friend Grace Quantock She’s a sweetheart and is setting up a social enterprise doing boxes of goodies for people who are ill called Healing Boxes. Grace has a really unique way of looking at the world and is doing great things to improve the lives of others.
Mission accomplished. I hope you enjoy reading some of my favourite blogs. I wish I had more time to read other people’s blogs, I feel like I’m missing out on some amazing writing; but hopefully one day I’ll have a bit more energy to experience all the wonders that are out there in blog land!